Disclaimer: dildo’s are not vibrators!
Possibly one of the most intimidating categories for most of you out there, not because the vibrator itself is a scary thing (on the contrary), but the often overwhelming amount of options: rabbit bullets, air-stimulators, remote controlled vibrators, you name it (not to mention the variety of colour options most vibrators come in) can make it quite difficult to choose what is right for you.
But rest assured that after reading this guide you will know everything you need to know about vibrators.
When launching Fannie this was one of our major goals: making it understandable what the differences between the toys are and to give a curated selection of various vibrators.
First and foremost: external and/or internal penetration?
This preference is very personal and is the main specification amongst vibrators. Most women orgasm from external stimulation, about 95% (sometimes in combination with penetration). Only 5% of women orgasm internal stimulation.
Clitoral stimulation: we have the widest variety of products for external stimulation, this is because this is the way to go for most women.
- Dame Products - Eva handsfree vibrator: A hands-free clitoral vibrator that delivers consistent stimulation during penetration. Eva can be used on its own, with a partner or with another toy.
- Dame Products - Aer suction stimulator: A powerful arousal tool for fans of oral stimulation. Aer mimics the flutter of a tongue and the suction of a mouth, it creates thrilling pulses of air and a soft seal around your clitoris.
- Je Joue - Rabbit bullet: The soft and flexible ears move around your body to wherever you want them to. Hug that clitoris with the ears and use the base of the ears for intense vibrations!
- Dame Products - Pom flexible vibrator: Pom gives you broad or targeted stimulation with a powerful, rumbly motor. This vibrator can provide all over external vibrations when placed flat against your Fannie but can also be used for direct clitoral stimulation with the tip alone.
- Dame Products Fin finger vibrator: A versatile finger vibrator designed to feel like an extension of your hand and add stimulation to your intimate touch.
However sometimes a toy can provide you with internal as well as external stimulation (sometimes even simultaneously). For instance..
Allround (can be used for internal and external stimulation):
- Je Joue - Classic bullet: This silky soft classic bullet has a soft silicone tip for pin point stimulation. It comes with a free finger sleeve attachment for those who want a hands free experience. Because of its shape and size it can also be used internally.
- Lelo - Lyla 2 remote control vibrator: Worn internally or enjoyed externally. Hand your partner the remote to have the most enjoyable handsfree experience. Also great for naughty nights out.
Dual stimulation (simultaneous stimulation):
- Je Joue - G-kii g-spot vibrator: The G-Kii is a unique vibrator with it's function of adjustability. The G-Kii has 2 independent motors, one in the head and one in the body. It also has a wider clitoral stimulation area for dual stimulation.
- Lelo - Enigma dual stimulation vibrator: Dual stimulation sonic massager. Lelo is never satisfied with the status quo, which is why they always push the boundaries to offer something truly out-of-this-world. Meet Enigma, a luxurious dual-action massager that marries the best of both worlds – deep clitoral and g-spot stimulation.
- Lelo - Tiani 3 remote control vibrator: Insert the smaller, leaner part of the vibrator and make sure the larger end is placed on the clitorus. Wear the Tiani 3 during intercourse or use it for single play!
Speeds and patterns
The easiest way to explain this goes the following: you are on a treadmill you can choose to have the belt run at a certain speed (same goes for your vibrators with speed options) or you can choose to have an interval training instead (these will be the patterns on a vibrator). Most vibrators have speed options and some have the additional option of pattern options. Depending on how versatile you want your experience to be it might be of importance to you wether or not there is a pattern option available for your toy of liking.
Waterproof vs. water-resistant
This characteristic doesn’t really say much about the functionality of the vibrator but might be of importance depending on where you like to use your sex toys; if you like to use your vibrators for some wet play in the shower or the tub you will need a waterproof toy. If you don’t necessarily plan to use your vibrator in a wet area, water-resistant will do!